Thank you for subscribing! Check your email for a confirmation.
Please add us to your contacts to ensure our email notifications come directly to you when we launch our course! We will be sending a couple emails in preparation for the course so you know how to prepare and get involved leading up to launch.
Course Launches August 3, 2020! Get ready to build your own developer-quality website!
You Just Took a Great First Step!
Once the course launches, you will be able to get your site up and running within a week. I’m so excited to show you how to make your own site – it is easier than you think, and all it takes is some good guidance.
So what comes next?
Our course goes live very soon! Between now and then you will not need to do much to prepare, but you can take advantage of the time prior to the course getting involved in our private Facebook group.
Join the Private Facebook Group
- Head over to our public Facebook page and send us a message with the name and email you used to pre-enroll. While you are at it, why don’t you give us a like/follow!
- We will add you to the private Facebook group where you will be able to ask questions and collaborate with other pre-enrollee’s
Get a Clear Idea of Your Business
The most successful client outcomes I have experienced always come from people who know about their business. In the time leading up to the business, you should get comfortable with talking and writing about your business, what you do well, and what problem you solve for your target market.
Start thinking about the imagery you may want for your website. For instance, if you plan on having photos of yourself or your team, now would be the time to start planning a photoshoot! The more prepared you can be, the better.
Will I need to buy anything for this course?
You only need to buy the items you would need to buy to build a website. I will show certain “extras” to increase your abilities on the site, but here are the “essentials” you will need.
- Your Web Domain – we go over best practices and how to purchase a great domain if you don’t already have one.
- Hosting and SSL Certificate – in this course I use Ultimate Managed WordPress Hosting by GoDaddy, which includes a staging site, SSL certificate, backups, web security, and unlimited traffic capacity. In terms of bang for your buck, this is as good as it gets. I will discuss other options as well so you can make an educated decision regardless.
- Divi by Elegant Themes – this is our swiss army knife theme. This theme is how I build all my sites, and it is packed with amazing functionality. You can pick this theme up on an annual plan or on an unlimited license.
- All other items I will recommend have free alternates or are optional integrations. Since I have built so many websites, I have seen some pretty cool things and picked up some good skills. I only bring these things to your attention to help you make money or improve conversion.
Take a Peek at the Course Curriculum
Set up a website foundation that takes the effort out of regular maintenance. Establish your hosting plan with automated backups and security. Configure an SSL, pick an effective domain, and create a staging website with only a few clicks.
Implement key plugins and your theme. This gives your site all the functionality it will need. Remove all non-essential elements to streamline your back end. Establish default fonts and colors, implement a logo, and create a static home page.
Using downloadable customized templates, you will learn how to modify and edit the backend of your website like I do for my clients. You will be able to use these skills to fully customize your site to look and feel the way you want.
Learn how to make your content engaging to visitors so they are ready to take action and buy your products or services. Learn best practices for rapid content generation which gives you the ability to make great content.
Speed and Automation
Now that your site looks good its time to make sure it runs fast and stays secure. You will learn how to use plugins and external resources to keep your site running fast, secure, and updated automatically.
The Extra Mile
Learn core concepts of site optimization including conversion rate optimization (CRO), search engine optimization (SEO), paid marketing opportunities, and social media foundations.